Trail cameras are typically used for hunting. Over the years, they have served as a tool for wildlife photography. In recent times, they have been gaining popularity as an excellent home addition for optimal security. As a matter of fact, people across the globe have been incorporating the devices into their SMART homes.
For those who lately notice such wireless trail cameras, it’s normal to be hesitant. Are they effective? Are they affordable? Can they last a long time? Are they resistant to extreme wind, heavy rain, and cold winter? Can they withstand the test of time? These are the questions that linger to first-timers’ mind and understanding the benefits is a good start. Take a close look:
- Serve as a Cheap Alternative to a Surveillance Camera. CCTVs are no doubt expensive. They cost an arm or a leg and it seems that they’re only developed for rich people. But things have changed. There are alternatives to give a try and these are trail cameras. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on costly surveillance devices, why don’t you give trail ones a go? It will be a perfect decision you can make this Christmas season.
- Monitor your Home and other Properties. Theft is common nowadays. It is no surprise that its’ rate is quite high. As a homeowner, it’s very alarming on your part. How can you protect your home and commercial establishments? Is your security level powerful and effective? Put an end to all these problems. Add wireless trail cameras to cart.
Most cellular trail cameras are packed with high-sensitivity sensor that can detect even the smallest creature in the area. They are lightning fast. As they detect an intruder, you will notice it in real time. So, calling the nearest police station will be easy.
Trail cameras also picture and video quality features. Not only do they capture clear images, but they also record videos in High Definition. Whether you install such tools for wildlife photography or future references, they are worth an investment.
- They are Life-Saving. Do you have a hectic schedule? Do you come to the point where you can’t take good care of your kids? Then, your best decision is to hire a nanny. Because of the prevalence of child abuse and other related violence, it’s normal to feel worried. Don’t be stressed! Install a trail camera at home.
Even though you’re away, you can monitor your kids 24/7. If you’re planning to buy surveillance devices, trail cameras are a perfect option. While you can expect functionally effective performance, you can also save some cash. Give it a try and see the difference.
- Prolonged Seasons. Hunting seasons typically start and end at their scheduled times. Because of these new developments in trail camera industry, everyone can even hunt in off seasons as well. Of course, you take off during winter because it can be not a feasible time to enjoy hunting. However, there’s a way and this season is where to find one of your favorite wild creatures. Well, this is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss. Yes you can’t go into the woods to watch animals. While you’re at home, you can feel like you’re hunting. Still, nothing can beat a first-hand experience.
How to Use Trail Cameras as a Security Device?
Now that you understand the benefits of trail cameras, it’s important to know the right way to employ one. Despite their effectiveness to protect your home, provide unique photography, and enjoy hunting, proper use still matters.
Effective steps to use trail camera for home security purposes:
- Of course, it’s a waste of effort to install a trail camera in a visible place. Concealment plays an important role to deceive intruders. Many people usually opt to use trees. You can also do the same thing. But don’t forget that different places can provide better vantage points. So, what are the other alternatives? Your fence and a bush are a perfect choice. You can also take advantage of strands from the manufacturer of your choice.
- Line of Sight. Trail cameras are more flexible devices than surveillance tools. It is not necessarily mean they need to be at eye level. Usually, intruders may look within their line of sight for any security camera. Angled up or down, lower or higher than line of sight are a brilliant idea. You can also think out of the box. Telephone pole, roof of the house, and bird feeder are good to go.
- Use the Shade. Facing a wireless trail camera into the sun causes glares. It will blowout the quality of pictures and videos. Clear photos and bright videos will be impossible to achieve. So, spend time to find areas that are shady to get interesting photos.
- Time Lapse. As a newer feature in this market, it offers a wide depth. It allows you to understand the movement of trespassers. You can set it about 20 yards away from your target area. When it comes to setup, it is easy and fast. Even if you don’t have prior knowledge and experience, you can do it yourself.
Best Trail Camera for Home Security Purposes
This model from DinDinCam is packed with excellent features. It is lockable, waterproof, and easy to set up. It has password protection and a lasting battery life. There’s also hybrid mode to use. It operates in summer and winter. While it can perform all year long, it is great for home security. However, it doesn’t have consistent pick up of motion. Overall, it is worth the cost.
Another trail camera for home security purposes is this model from Bestok. It is extremely durable, small, and compact. It is provided with LCD screen display and equipped with excellent camouflage color. Most importantly, it is guaranteed with 1-year warranty. But it might be difficult to operate. See help from the customer service support for your convenience.
Looking for IP66 waterproof rating? Then, don’t look further than the trail camera from Victure. Not only is this extremely waterproof, it is a flexible option. In fact, it delivers different categories of purpose. Other features include clear and focused photos, 12-months warranty, and long-lasting performance.
Replace your existing trail camera today with any of these options! Nothing is more important than a quality and affordable investment.